close

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
18,120
5,755
Many critics said that ODST was a cash in and needless part in the Halo saga.

I disagree completely now that I finally played through it.

To me, ODST is the best of the lot, for the following reasons:

-Intense, varied missions.
-More realistic and mature than the other Halo games
-Great story, although you have to play to the midpoint before the story really kicks in.
-Missions require more lateral thinking than in other Halos.

To me the other Halos always felt juvenile and too arcadey. ODST is the only one I genuinely have loved to play.

Mind you, I have not yet played Halo 4, so do not know how good (or how realistic) it is.

Still, ODST is great game and definitely worth playing.
 

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
18,120
5,755
Funny thing about ODST is that many critics said you control a common foot soldier in it.

And ODST is as far from common as you can get!
I mean Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, ie Helljumpers, are the elite forces of mankind, second only to spartans.
ODST are tough, mean and mad. They are the first in the hot zone, killing covenant scum while those shiny spartans are still fitting their Mjolnir armour!

Also, if you ask naval commanders, they'd rather have squad of ODST than a squad of Spartans at their disposal.
For nobody trusts those clockwork soldiers. The Spartans were created by spooks, and their loyalty lies with those spooks. Yeah, they might do what you order them to do, but make no mistake, if push comes to shove, a Spartan will choose spooks orders over yours. Which can put a whole war front in jeopardy.

So, give me Helljumpers and send those spartans to Reach.
-Oh, sorry, you can't as Reach was glassed. Slipped my mind. Honest!
 

Acehigh79

No Longer a Noob
Dec 20, 2004
2,643
383
ODST was fun but way to short. best part about it was it has the best version of firefight. and I loved the silenced pistol. taking on hunters as a marine was a chore lol
 

Dante-

Omnislash
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
44,524
32,372
Nibelheim
ODST was probably my least favorite but I still liked it a lot. One thing that I'll always remember was the atmosphere. I really liked the mood and the sense of isolation as you attempted to get through the city. Ultimately however, that's actually a negative too for me. While it was great, it didn't really have the classic Halo elements that the other games in the franchise have.
 

davidsworld3

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 31, 2011
1,132
98
It wasn't a bad game but wasn't that great either, I felt more powerful than a squad of spartans as myself on legendary I was able to kill everything pretty easily and fast, which was a new experience for me. I haven't played it in a very long time.
 

Lilman1133

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 15, 2005
760
5
I think ODST is one of the most original first-person-shooters ever. The atmosphere and story telling are very unique and bring something new to the world of FPS's while showing a different side to the all-to-familiar Halo series. Along with Reach, it's one of the most serious entries in the series, focusing on isolation and a fear of the unknown. The only drawback is that at the time of its release, ODST was very overpriced, promising a full game experience while offering something much more brief. Still, as brief as it may be, ODST is a tour de force all the way through.

But if you play Halo simply for the multiplayer, then ODST has nothing for you... :/
 

5timechamp

No Longer a Noob
Dec 3, 2000
10,619
132
-I like its campaign least...
-tried to make characters unique and interesting but failed.
-not enough to differentiate Spartans from Odst
-All brutes and Bungies' city geometry make for a dull setting

I love the silent weapon variants
 

davidsworld3

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 31, 2011
1,132
98
It was clearly the worst out of the series thats for sure, if you can blow through it's campaign on legendary in one play through then too me that makes it an aweful halo game. You were a super duper soldier that could have killed chief with one hand the way they make you so powerful in it. I'm surprised they didn't let you flip over tanks in it...
 

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
18,120
5,755
It was clearly the worst out of the series thats for sure, if you can blow through it's campaign on legendary in one play through then too me that makes it an aweful halo game. You were a super duper soldier that could have killed chief with one hand the way they make you so powerful in it. I'm surprised they didn't let you flip over tanks in it...

Clearly you never played the game...
 

CWolf20

No Longer a Noob
May 18, 2004
6,312
147
Me Cod fan and me dumb dumb heehee
You're dumb, and it has nothing to do with CoD or Halo. We get it, you think CoD is stupid. You keep posting in every thread like anyone cares. The only thing you're accomplishing is making yourself look stupid, no one else.
 
Jul 23, 2015
2
0
Many critics said that ODST was a cash in and needless part in the Halo saga.

I disagree completely now that I finally played through it.

To me, ODST is the best of the lot, for the following reasons:

-Intense, varied missions.
-More realistic and mature than the other Halo games
-Great story, although you have to play to the midpoint before the story really kicks in.
-Missions require more lateral thinking than in other Halos.

To me the other Halos always felt juvenile and too arcadey. ODST is the only one I genuinely have loved to play.

Mind you, I have not yet played Halo 4, so do not know how good (or how realistic) it is.

Still, ODST is great game and definitely worth playing.
As great as ODST was, I don't think it can compare to the likes of Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach, or Halo 4 because I liked the arcadish feeling better. Then again this is just my arrogant opinion.
 

davidsworld3

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 31, 2011
1,132
98
It was clearly the worst out of the series thats for sure, if you can blow through it's campaign on legendary in one play through then too me that makes it an aweful halo game. You were a super duper soldier that could have killed chief with one hand the way they make you so powerful in it. I'm surprised they didn't let you flip over tanks in it...

Clearly you never played the game...

Actually yes I did I've beaten it a couple of times.

Where in this did you get that I've never played the game? Oh thats right you just posting stupid shit as usual. You do know that the Spartans are the ones that won the war not odst's right? Clearly you never played the games or read the books.

Try harder.