close

luvaboy97

Noob
Jan 4, 2006
833
0
Hello guys. I've been out of town and wasn't really playing my ps3, but I decided to play FNC yesterday. After being prompted to make updates for my PS3 to get online, I was prompted to make a FNC update of I think 80MBs or 80KBs; I'm not sure. I don't know what the hell happened, but now, if I throw a few punches, my stamina goes all the way down, and sometimes, it'll shoot all the way back up. The blocking/head movement really doesn't help and because of the stupid stamina adjustments, my fighter is moving like a snail riding a wave of molasses midway through the first round. Is this what shadio was upset about a while back, because I didn't go and buy any of the boxers, and I don't think if I got on and saw that they were all unlocked, it would change my mood with this.

Another thing, I bought my game during the PSN hack, which I wasn't aware of until I tried to get online. As we all know, it took forever and a day for them to fix it. Now, I'm trying to use my redeem code to get to the boxer share, and it's telling me it's expired. This is very annoying and if any of you wonderful, savvy people know a way around all of this, I would greatly appreciate a share of this information. Thanks!
 

shadio2

Noob
Oct 31, 2002
5,300
0
@loverboy97


My friend you have just downloaded the worst patch for FNC so far. Wow for offline players, this game is now officially a crippled game. You cant move backwards or punch to much or else your fighter will be a walking zombie. The AI opponent wont last for four rounds without getting tired and looking like a zombie. This patch was made for the online community only. The offline portion of the game has taken a major hit, it plays like complete crap. Delete the patch, but the only problem with that is you will lose your DLC. The DLC does not work without the patch. If you do have your DLC connected while playing without the patch your game will glitch and bugg like never before....

Yes theres a way to delete the patch off the PS3...but im not sure how.


shadio: true boxing fan
 

perineumlick

The Former Contender
Mar 25, 2005
8,773
0
I can't even play the game anymore since the patch. I can choose the fighters, and the venue, but the game won't leave the loading screen. Then, if I quit the game, my PS3 freezes. WTF EA? The game is a coaster now.
 

luvaboy97

Noob
Jan 4, 2006
833
0
Thanks both of you!

I went to Game Stop and they gave me a number to call about the code being expired. They said everyone has been complaining about the Update ruining the game. Shadio is right; I can't throw a combination without my boxer getting tired and then, it suddenly shoots right back up. I HATE that. At first, I figured maybe if I stay in one place and don't move so much, that'll let things get back to normal, but nope. I'm lucky if I last 2 rounds against an aggressive computer opponent. I want it to go right back the hell back to the way it was. I just don't understand how the hell they could do something like this! Don't they have people test these damn things to see what effect they'll have on the game?
 

mcslade4x

No Longer a Noob
May 23, 2003
3,883
777
you just delete whatever files the game has saved onto your hardrive/unit (not created boxers, but whatever else there is)

and then DISCONNECT your xbox from being online, meaning literally take the plug/cord/etc. out of the xbox whenever you want to play this game

problem solved, did this after the first match i had with the update, worst crap ever
 

jjunh

Noob
Nov 18, 2002
259
0
I deleted the patch by deleting the legends pack I downloaded from my hard drive and then restarted my XBOX 360. This seemed to have worked as it asks me if i want to update with the Tuner update which I of course say no to. I can still use my other DLC such as Pacquiao, Hearns, Jones Jr, in alternate weight classes etc. Hope this works for others : )