close

surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
22,293
3,364
Last edited:

DarkBlood999

Moderately Disturbed
★ MOD
Aug 7, 2001
163,143
18,184
Washington
After replaying RE7, I really hope this isn't as dark as that. It's really hard to see in that game a lot of the time, especially since Ethan only turns the flashlight on in a few spots. It would've been better if you'd been able to use it yourself.
 

chris119

Star
Aug 20, 2000
16,705
1,635
Michigan
After replaying RE7, I really hope this isn't as dark as that. It's really hard to see in that game a lot of the time, especially since Ethan only turns the flashlight on in a few spots. It would've been better if you'd been able to use it yourself.

I honestly never had issues with RE7 being too dark, but I agree that I hope its not an issue in RE2 remake. I know you can turn the lights back on via fuses, but I hope they don't space their acquisition out too far apart. Otherwise it will go from scary and atmospheric to annoying to navigate pretty quickly.
 

surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
22,293
3,364
Middle ground? Ganados with flashlights? Guys? [face_flag][face_batting][face_flag]

Sincerely, surprise1Thanks
 
Last edited:

Zombiedrd

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006
10,078
4,004
So what is the take on the camera for people here? I assume everybody left are old school fans from the fixed third person angel. Resident Evil 2 was my first Resident Evil game, so I am definitely excited, but a tiny bit dulled by the over the shoulder camera.

Then again, I also understand that the average gamer, especially now, would hate the fixed 3rd person perspective, and us old fans alone can't financially support a series, we need the casual players. I remember people bitching about the camera in 2001, now we are 17 years further along, lol.
 
Last edited:

ryodin

Treads the Jeweled Thrones of Earth Under His Feet
Nov 10, 2000
13,147
5,214
New York City
I love the old controls of RE; and I love the new controls of RE.

It's not that difficult for old school fans to adapt, so long as the game makes it worth it. ;)

RE7 played smooth as butter, so if this game is more like that then I think we'll all be fine with the camera. Worked great in that game!
 

Zombiedrd

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006
10,078
4,004
Anyone see this yesterday? Some people were freaking out because the ESRB said RE2 would have microtransactions in it.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news...remake-microtransactions-esrb-rating#/slide/1

I'm now imagining buying a 10 pack of first aid sprays for $25, lol.
At this point, pretty much every large publisher/developer is going to have mtxs. Gamers lost that battle when Rockstar made three quarters of a billion from Shark Cards alone on GTAV.

These days, I'll grudgingly accept them as long as they don't affect gameplay itself and are just cosmetics in MP games.

For this game, I can imagine all the casual players having to buy ammo when they run out. In the old days, if you didn't save ammo for boos fights, better hope you had an earlier save or are god tier with the knife.