close

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
I'm hoping to complete them, some parts in 1 though seem harder. Snagrets are terrible. Pikmin 2's took some resets, pikmin 1's is taking quite a bit if I try to do to much each day, so I collect 1-2 parts per day. In both games I am doing good at each.

Anyways...

Has anyone done a zero death run on here?( I don't need tips, I'm just curious)
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
taiwanman0610 said:
Good luck! (Especially on the anti dioxin filter and the Bulblax)
Yeah, that part I've saved for later.


I always hate when I have extreme success at killing a certain beast, then 1 pikmin dies in the battle....only 1, a swam of 100, and 1 dies...

I remember the Anti Dioxin filter in regular runs.....
 

zachpikminman

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 25, 2010
6,185
496
I have only done debt repayment no losses on 2 but other than that I am too rubbish to do it. Good luck.
 

zachpikminman

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 25, 2010
6,185
496
9003 has done Pikmin 2 full game without losses. Now that takes some dedication. Only one tip I could give you and to myself too is take your time don't rush. When I loose Pikmin it is when I am rushing.
 

green111pikminrules

No Longer a Noob
Jun 14, 2007
12,405
253
That place.
Pikmin 1 is a pain in the arse to not get any deaths in. If it's not the random disappearances that count as deaths, it's the eatting glitch making enemies invincible just as they're about to die and taking you're Pikmin with them.

... Pikmin 1 is a very glitchy game, now that I think about it...

I tried to do a speed run once. Got to day five before I just started getting over welmed. Still managed to get it done in 12/13 days, but it wasn't close to the nine days I was hoping for.
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
I would be going faster in Pikmin 1, but with a no death run, it's hard to do more than 1 or 2 parts per day.Pikmin 2 is easier when getting no deaths than Pikmin 1...thats for sure. Mostly because you can retry each sublevel, and use caves as save points. As for speedruns, haven't done one in Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2...I think I had like 12-14 days. In 2, I'd have had a few no death runs but when I'm not trying to, I just get annoyed and move ahead.

I hate the crushing glitch death(you kill something and it falls and secretly squishes mins) and the death kill glitch(enemy kills mins as it dies.)
But I will update you guys on how each run is going...currently renting Pikmin 1 so I'm pressed for time in this run.

Pikmin 1: 17 days:18 parts....
Pikmin 2:I'll update it when I check.

I'd say 1 is much harder to do the no death run in than 2. I have to do the 1 run on the NPC because I don't have the GCN disc for 1....and I can't find it at any game place. My Wiimote is less responsive it seems than when I use a gamecube controller. Maybe that's why my pikmin throw rate is slower.





 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
Pikmin 1:17 days, 19 parts. I had a great day, went from 16 to 19 just like that. Got the spring, Libra, and Analog Computer(it was there from the day before.) Hoping to get two parts the next day.

Pikmin 2:7 days, only have the Birdy and Snagret Hole to do... I was set already, then the snagret came out where it didn't come out earlier near the end of the day at the wall....killed 1 pikmin so I have to redo it
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
Pikmin 1's is so tedious...I hate trying to kill the puffstool. I keep getting these pikmin that just vanish when I start throwing them on..damn you glitches. So I don't bother with it, killin the beady long legs...1 pikmin strays..stomp. Been redoing that part a bit. I did have one part where the beady landed on Olimar. lulz....but trying to get the Navel done in a few days so I don't have to do it anymore...

Once I get the two parts on one end, and the Anti Dioxin filter, I'll be good. Then it's just the Distant Spring...and all those bulbaxes and wollywogs...
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
taiwanman0610 said:
For the puffstool, attack it with Olimar.

It took me 1/3 of the day, but no deaths.
I actually was gunna do that because I had it mostly killed with Olimar and a pikmin mysteriously vanished in my group I'd left, I want to get the Legs done first, then stool done next.
 
Sep 7, 2010
1,997
2
tropicguin said:
taiwanman0610 said:
For the puffstool, attack it with Olimar.

It took me 1/3 of the day, but no deaths.
I actually was gunna do that because I had it mostly killed with Olimar and a pikmin mysteriously vanished in my group I'd left, I want to get the Legs done first, then stool done next.

I just dismiss a group of 90-100 reds next to the puffstool. That method usually provides me with an almost instantly dead puffstool.

I could probably do a Zero Death Run in Pikmin 2 since I usually reset whenever any of my pikmin die and always stay cautious anyway. I keep a bunch of sprays with me at one time since I sometimes get tired of resetting.

I probably won't try Pikmin 1. It can get too annoying at times. The Forest Navel is probably my least favorite area.
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
taiwanman0610 said:
Has anyone tried killing the Progg? [face_tongue]
I killed it, but only after deaths with another beast, so I just decided to kill it.

Pikmin 1 run is on hold, had to return it to video place. I plan on buying it elsewhere...

Pikmin 2 run is still on cause I own it, just might have other things to work on...so it'll be slower.
 

Patwhit01

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 29, 2011
768
96
Well i'm trying to do a zero death run of Pikmin 2 too. (Let's see how a 10 year old does that. lol) On White Flower Garden right now. (I am NAHT doing Pikmin 1 becuase of the glitches.)
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
I now have to redo my days in Pikmin 1....I got the GCN version, not the Wii version I rented. But I like GCN controls more, and I might do better.
 

Patwhit01

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 29, 2011
768
96
Pikmin9003 said:
Well a person who is one year older then you did a zero-death run of Pikmin 2 THRICE.

1. You're 11? Mind=Blown.

2. I got Pikmin 1 and 2 last year. I'm not a god at it.
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
I've played Pikmin some time since around the first came out but never really became super crazy when playing it until Pikmin 2 came out .

Good ole GCN controls in Pikmin 1. Maybe I'll try the 9 day no death run....eh....or at least faster than a part a day.
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
So...maybe not a 9 day no death run now, but...I still am proud of my progress today

GCN Pikmin 1: Day 3-6 parts.

Day 1-Flowered 25 Red pikmin, Pushed cardboard box, Collected Main Engine,
Day 2- Killed all sheargrubs, bulborbs, dwarf bulborbs, and broke down 3 walls, discovered yellow min, grew 9.
Day 3-Destroyed a bomb wall, collected Eternal Fuel Dynamo, Whimsical Radar, Extraordinary Bolt, Nova Blaster, and Shock Absorber. 5 parts in all.

Days:3
Parts:6

If you guys ever want info about how I did things, you can ask.
 

taiwanman0610

No Longer a Noob
May 15, 2010
3,358
100
Taipei, Taiwan
tropicguin said:
So...maybe not a 9 day no death run now, but...I still am proud of my progress today

GCN Pikmin 1: Day 3-6 parts.

Day 1-Flowered 25 Red pikmin, Pushed cardboard box, Collected Main Engine,
Day 2- Killed all sheargrubs, bulborbs, dwarf bulborbs, and broke down 3 walls, discovered yellow min, grew 9.
Day 3-Destroyed a bomb wall, collected Eternal Fuel Dynamo, Whimsical Radar, Extraordinary Bolt, Nova Blaster, and Shock Absorber. 5 parts in all.

Days:3
Parts:6

If you guys ever want info about how I did things, you can ask.
[face_applause]
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
Yeah, this is already 3 times better than my NPC run. I am just more skilled with a GCN controller.
 

Patwhit01

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 29, 2011
768
96
Well, on my 0 death run, I'm about to do Bulbax Kingdom and Snagret Hole next. (Wish me luck)
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497


Day 1-Flowered 25 Red pikmin, Pushed cardboard box, Collected Main Engine,
Day 2- Killed all sheargrubs, bulborbs, dwarf bulborbs, and broke down 3 walls, discovered yellow min, grew 9.
Day 3-Destroyed a bomb wall, collected Eternal Fuel Dynamo, Whimsical Radar, Extraordinary Bolt, Nova Blaster, and Shock Absorber. 5 parts today
----
Day 4- Made 3 bridges and killed a blowhog,broke down wooden wall, two rock walls,Discovered and grew blue pikmin, Collected Ionium Jet #1 and Gravity Jumper. 2 parts today
Day 5- Killed several blowhogs and sheargrubs. Broke down 1 wall, made 1 bridge. Grew more pikmin. Collected Automatic Gear.
Day 6- Grew pikmin and flowered some. Collected Space Float, Libra, and Analog Computer.3 parts today
Day 7-Killed several bulborbs, and Armored Cannon Beetle.Broke a wall. Made 2 bridges. Made more pikmin. Collected Radiation Canopy.
Day 8-Remade bridge, grabbed tons of pellets, pushed box made pikmin and broke a wall. Collected Sagittarius.
--
Days-8
Parts-14

Was gunna try to get Sagittarius Day 7, but countdown was around the time I was getting it, so I said next day...Was gunna try to collect the final two parts on day 8, but less luck with Snagrets so I used it for a rest day instead. Am I making good time?
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497

Day 1-Flowered 25 Red pikmin, Pushed cardboard box, Collected Main Engine,
Day 2- Killed all sheargrubs, bulborbs, dwarf bulborbs, and broke down 3 walls, discovered yellow min, grew 9.
Day 3-Destroyed a bomb wall, collected Eternal Fuel Dynamo, Whimsical Radar, Extraordinary Bolt, Nova Blaster, and Shock Absorber. 5 parts today
----
Day 4- Made 3 bridges and killed a blowhog,broke down wooden wall, two rock walls,Discovered and grew blue pikmin, Collected Ionium Jet #1 and Gravity Jumper. 2 parts today
Day 5- Killed several blowhogs and sheargrubs. Broke down 1 wall, made 1 bridge. Grew more pikmin. Collected Automatic Gear.
Day 6- Grew pikmin and flowered some. Collected Space Float, Libra, and Analog Computer.3 parts today
Day 7-Killed several bulborbs, and Armored Cannon Beetle.Broke a wall. Made 2 bridges. Made more pikmin. Collected Radiation Canopy.
Day 8-Remade bridge, grabbed tons of pellets, pushed box made pikmin and broke a wall. Collected Sagittarius.
--


Day 9-Collected pellets, killed snagret. Collected Radiation Canopy.
Day 10- Made many pikmin. Collected Positron Generator.
Day 11-Broke down walls, broke down walls, killed shearwigs,sheargrubs, and puffstool. Made pikmin
Day 12-Killed Beady Long Legs, made pikmin. Collected Guard Satellite and Omega Stabilizer.
Day 13-Killed Wollywogs, Collected Anti-Dioxin Filter.
Day 14-Killed Wollywog, Collected Repair-Type Bolt and Massage Machine .
Day 15-Broke down walls, killed Wollywogs, made half bridge,
Day 16-Made other half bridge, killed bulbax, sheargrubs, blowhog. Collected Gluon Drive, Zirconium Rotor, and Pilot's Seat. Killed dwarf bulbears.

-----

Days:16
Parts:24
..
Day 9 took a lot of resets. Tried many times with 40-100 blues....did it once with 35 red pikmin, success.Lulz

Day 12 was annoying. So many times with yellows, til I got very annoyed...and threw like made...and killed Beady Long Legs.

Day 13 went very well. It took one reset. The Anti Dioxin Filter, the part I had dreaded was not too hard to collect. Probably one of the parts that took the least resets besides day 1. I was surprised.

Day 15 was....tough. But go through it, few resets, but I thought I had lost 4 pikmin all level and accomplished tons that day, I was afraid I'd have to restart.

So 5 parts to get to the final trial, once I get those 5, I'll have more than enough time probably. This run's going way better the the NPC run.

Is 16 days pretty good for a run so far?

 

taiwanman0610

No Longer a Noob
May 15, 2010
3,358
100
Taipei, Taiwan
...

I think you're doing better than me playing regularly....

Fun fact about Shearwigs/Sheargrubs: In Pikmin 1, if there are pikmin running over the Sheargrub's/Shearwig's area without Olimar, (like when they're carrying something back, for instance)they will not burrow out of the ground to attack them.
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
[blockquote]taiwanman0610 posted:
...

I think you're doing better than me playing regularly....

Fun fact about Shearwigs/Sheargrubs: In Pikmin 1, if there are pikmin running over the Sheargrub's/Shearwig's area without Olimar, (like when they're carrying something back, for instance)they will not burrow out of the ground to attack them.
Well, I still have a few days to get other parts.
[/blockquote]I should try that. Fun fact about bulborbs. You can kill them in 2 bomb rock hits if you drop two bomb rocks next to them. I've been breaking down many(even stick walls) with bomb rocks, so quick.
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
YES!

I've done it!

Pikmin 1 Zero Death Run Complete. You can read how I got there or just skip to the end.

Day 1-Flowered 25 Red pikmin, Pushed cardboard box, Collected Main Engine,
Day 2- Killed all sheargrubs, bulborbs, dwarf bulborbs, and broke down 3 walls, discovered yellow min, grew 9.
Day 3-Destroyed a bomb wall, collected Eternal Fuel Dynamo, Whimsical Radar, Extraordinary Bolt, Nova Blaster, and Shock Absorber. 5 parts today
----
Day 4- Made 3 bridges and killed a blowhog,broke down wooden wall, two rock walls,Discovered and grew blue pikmin, Collected Ionium Jet #1 and Gravity Jumper. 2 parts today
Day 5- Killed several blowhogs and sheargrubs. Broke down 1 wall, made 1 bridge. Grew more pikmin. Collected Automatic Gear.
Day 6- Grew pikmin and flowered some. Collected Space Float, Libra, and Analog Computer.3 parts today
Day 7-Killed several bulborbs, and Armored Cannon Beetle.Broke a wall. Made 2 bridges. Made more pikmin. Collected Radiation Canopy.
Day 8-Remade bridge, grabbed tons of pellets, pushed box made pikmin and broke a wall. Collected Sagittarius.
--


Day 9-Collected pellets, killed snagret. Collected Radiation Canopy.
Day 10- Made many pikmin. Collected Positron Generator.
Day 11-Broke down walls, broke down walls, killed shearwigs,sheargrubs, and puffstool. Made pikmin
Day 12-Killed Beady Long Legs, made pikmin. Collected Guard Satellite and Omega Stabilizer.
Day 13-Killed Wollywogs, Collected Anti-Dioxin Filter.
Day 14-Killed Wollywog, Collected Repair-Type Bolt and Massage Machine .
Day 15-Broke down walls, killed Wollywogs, made half bridge,
Day 16-Made other half bridge, killed bulbax, sheargrubs, blowhog. Collected Gluon Drive, Zirconium Rotor, and Pilot's Seat. Killed dwarf bulbears.
-
Day 17-Killed Bulbear,sheargrubs, dwarf bulbears, and water dumples. Got pikmin to get #2 Ionium Jet, and Chronos Reactor off their perches.
Day 18- Killed Water Dumples on other side. Collected #2 Ionium Jet, UV Lamp and Chronos Reactor
Day 19-Made bridge, Killed Armored Cannon Beetle,Water Dumple, Puffy Blowhog and Dwarf Bulbear. Collected Interstellar Radio and Bowsprit.
Day 20-Made bridges, pushed box, broke walls to the Emperor Bulblax
Day 21-Defeated Emperor Bulblax
Day 22-Collected Secret Safe.

-

It should be 23 days but I'm missing something.Probably an unimportant Pikmin growing day or lumped two things together..

That Emperor Bulblax....AGH! I hated that thing so much. 2 and a half hours of killing it. Pikmin kept getting in the way...and it jumped. I was so overjoyed when I beat it. The last few days were very tough, besides the last one, and the day making the path to the final boss.


I have to say, Pikmin 1's no death run is very hard, if you are looking for a challenge, you can try it. I'm not doing another one...that's for sure, maybe another challenge run. But I will still do a zero death run in Pikmin 2.
 

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
137,196
174,497
taiwanman0610 said:
[face_applause]

maybe a 50-pikmin challenge? (Or how many it was)
Eh..maybe after I get done with Pikmin 2's no deather. Or not...Zero death run drove me insane enough...


Am I the only one to do a pikmin 1 zero death run on here?
 

Patwhit01

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 29, 2011
768
96
tropicguin said:
taiwanman0610 said:
[face_applause]

maybe a 50-pikmin challenge? (Or how many it was)
Eh..maybe after I get done with Pikmin 2's no deather. Or not...Zero death run drove me insane enough...


Am I the only one to do a pikmin 1 zero death run on here?

No. No. NEVAH. (Hah, jk.) But really, I would, if it wasn't for the limit and glitches.
Pikmin 2, is easy at first, but just wait 'till I get t-t-to... *shivers*

Submerged Castle...