close

what is better Halo or Call of Duty

  • HALO

    Votes: 242 90.3%
  • CALL OF DUTY

    Votes: 26 9.7%

  • Total voters
    268
  • Poll closed .
Nov 21, 2012
1
0
I just signed up about 5 min. Ago to say that halo 4 is better. I think the best part is that the graphics are extremely good as well as the campaign.and everything about it is better than call of duty anything...... So therefore your argument is invalid.
 

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
1,145
127
OK, thank you very much for your support of Halo...now make some actual valid points.
 

gwjose

Noob
Apr 7, 2011
2
0
Halo vs Call of Duty. Not a big deal, people would say, but it actually is. This fight started way back when the 2 games' originals came out. People started buying Halo AND Call of Duty almost the same amount. I totally recommend HALO. It need's around 5 shots to kill an enemy, while Call of Duty needs only about 2. The graphics are way better on Halo: Reach then on Call of Duty Black Ops. True, Halo is a little less realistic, but Call of Duty Black Ops gives you kill streaks. It's like free kills.Yepeee!! Como'n, grow up guys. In Halo you get medals, which actually shows you how good and awesome you are in this game. When you get medals you would probably say "Yes! I got a overkill! That was pure skill right there!". When you get a kill streak you say that the job is easier.
VOTE!!!
I agree but think cod has its place
 

douGG3

Noob
Dec 6, 2012
1
0
HUGE Difference between cod and halo that no one seems to say anything about.... Cod is for getting EVERYONE'S attention.... And whats that majority made of? -all the people who don't know how to play first person shooter competitively.... The kind that enjoys all of the unessesary perks to fit "their" style of playing. WHO CARES ABOUT HOW YOU WANNA PLAY lol. But Forreal... You wanna play something competitively... A real first person shooter that actually requires skill and actually gives you something to brag about? The dummbest person can pick up the control and loft a grenade across the map and get that random kill. You know how much more skill it takes to do that in halo?.... Not only that... But dammn life is all about playing by the rules or sh1ttt would be cray. Talk about the annoying p.o.s. no life that hides in a corner with his rockets HE SPAWNS WITH and his tactical reapawn (*cough* *cough*cod*). don't get me wrong tho I love cod... Something else to play when I get bored... but it's too dammn random... The best player still gets effd up by random shizz..... So anyways a better example for people that aren't quite all there.... Let's say you've never had gummy bears before and you go to the food lion candy section and you see one bag of the cheap stuff that has like 15384 pieces in there for a dollar... On the other hand there's a bag with half the amount but twice the price?? But thats the good name brand stuff. (cod has every perk known to man..... Halos only got the nessessary ones) Never again will I get the nasty cheap kind after I've tasted the real side............ So yea of course the sales of cod are gonna be out the window until everyone realizes what cheap of a game it is robbing everyone for there money releasing the same game twice a year (with an addition to new maps and a deployable helicopter!!! Yay!!!!)............. So finally I'm at my point of this whole blog going on. The huge majority of people who watched and voted for this cod vs halo video were apparently halo fans... And that's because the cod fans aren't serious into their gummy bears. There too busy trying all of the other nasty $1.00 flavors ;)
 

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
1,145
127
HUGE Difference between cod and halo that no one seems to say anything about.... Cod is for getting EVERYONE'S attention.... And whats that majority made of? -all the people who don't know how to play first person shooter competitively.... The kind that enjoys all of the unessesary perks to fit "their" style of playing. WHO CARES ABOUT HOW YOU WANNA PLAY lol. But Forreal... You wanna play something competitively... A real first person shooter that actually requires skill and actually gives you something to brag about? The dummbest person can pick up the control and loft a grenade across the map and get that random kill. You know how much more skill it takes to do that in halo?.... Not only that... But dammn life is all about playing by the rules or sh1ttt would be cray. Talk about the annoying p.o.s. no life that hides in a corner with his rockets HE SPAWNS WITH and his tactical reapawn (*cough* *cough*cod*). don't get me wrong tho I love cod... Something else to play when I get bored... but it's too dammn random... The best player still gets effd up by random shizz..... So anyways a better example for people that aren't quite all there.... Let's say you've never had gummy bears before and you go to the food lion candy section and you see one bag of the cheap stuff that has like 15384 pieces in there for a dollar... On the other hand there's a bag with half the amount but twice the price?? But thats the good name brand stuff. (cod has every perk known to man..... Halos only got the nessessary ones) Never again will I get the nasty cheap kind after I've tasted the real side............ So yea of course the sales of cod are gonna be out the window until everyone realizes what cheap of a game it is robbing everyone for there money releasing the same game twice a year (with an addition to new maps and a deployable helicopter!!! Yay!!!!)............. So finally I'm at my point of this whole blog going on. The huge majority of people who watched and voted for this cod vs halo video were apparently halo fans... And that's because the cod fans aren't serious into their gummy bears. There too busy trying all of the other nasty $1.00 flavors ;)
You lost me at gummy bears...I think you like Halo more though...right?
 

Acehigh79

No Longer a Noob
Dec 20, 2004
2,643
383
have said this in other posts but I'm a halo fan all the way. in halo you earn your kills and points. in cod the streaks pad stats for ya, while you hide in a corner. plus I enjoy vehicle combat which halo offers, have not seen this in cod...no streaks do not count lol.
 

JosephMale

Noob
Jul 4, 2011
1
0
This is all pretty interesting, I have always played a lot of call of duty. Mainly because in the years past I had a PS3 that worked and a 360 that was a functioning paper weight with red lights. Well, I finally replaced the xbox and now with the new halo coming I see it as a chance to finally get into the halo series and see what the draw is. That being said I feel like COD gets a lot more criticism than it deserves, Its a small map, quick reflex, and headshot oriented game that is unique in gameplay. Thats not to say its better, just that it has its own flavor. Obviously a lot of people don't like it, to them I say, "Perfect, thats great", theres no reason you should play a game that you don't like. As gamers we all have unique taste, and what appeals to me is not always going to appeal to you. So the fact that you know what you will like is, is a sign of your personal freedom as a consumer, and your own individuality as a person.

If your interested in the small map and head shots thing there is a game type for that on halo called swat
 
Dec 18, 2012
1
0
Personally I prefer Halo over COD for one reason: the campaign storyline. The Halo series storyline has flowed extremely well (except for reach and ODST) and really got you into the game with their character developement. I did however also like COD storylines with MW 1, 2 and 3 (hated black ops storyline and world at war). Those 3 also flowed as a good story that got you into the game. I just like that fact that Halo pulls you into a world that you probably will never see and that intrigues me. As for multiplayer, its pretty much a toss up. Ive played all of them on both sides. COD zombies is awesome and i love that, im great at multiplayer too but it gets too frustrating and i get worked up and wanna smash a controller so yea.....I liked Halo multiplayer up to 3( havent played 4 yet) and i loved the first 3, also got frustrating but i still liked it. The ranking in Halo 3 also made a lot of sense by showing you who was actually good (most of the time) by your rank going up or down depending on a loss or win. So i'd say that Halo has a slight advantage over COD just because the storyline is a little better to me. Im 23 and married so im done wit puberty.
 
Last edited:

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
1,145
127
Personally I prefer Halo over COD for one reason: the campaign storyline. The Halo series storyline has flowed extremely well (except for reach and ODST) and really got you into the game with their character developement. I did however also like COD storylines with MW 1, 2 and 3 (hated black ops storyline and world at war). Those 3 also flowed as a good story that got you into the game. I just like that fact that Halo pulls you into a world that you probably will never see and that intrigues me. As for multiplayer, its pretty much a toss up. Ive played all of them on both sides. COD zombies is awesome and i love that, im great at multiplayer too but it gets too frustrating and i get worked up and wanna smash a controller so yea.....I liked Halo multiplayer up to 3( havent played 4 yet) and i loved the first 3, also got frustrating but i still liked it. The ranking in Halo 3 also made a lot of sense by showing you who was actually good (most of the time) by your rank going up or down depending on a loss or win. So i'd say that Halo has a slight advantage over COD just because the storyline is a little better to me. Im 23 and married so im done wit puberty.
I agree about the storyline, but I say that Reach and ODST had their places in the Halo universe (whether people want to admit it or not).
 
Apr 17, 2012
3
0
I voted HALO but I love the ending of Modern Warfare. Nukes are handed out so carelessly in games nowadays that they don't seem significant. But MW showed how much damage a nuke really does, killing hundreds of people and miles of land. NUKES ARE NOT TOYS.
 
Nov 19, 2012
152
4
Personally I prefer Halo over COD for one reason: the campaign storyline. The Halo series storyline has flowed extremely well (except for reach and ODST) and really got you into the game with their character developement. I did however also like COD storylines with MW 1, 2 and 3 (hated black ops storyline and world at war). Those 3 also flowed as a good story that got you into the game. I just like that fact that Halo pulls you into a world that you probably will never see and that intrigues me. As for multiplayer, its pretty much a toss up. Ive played all of them on both sides. COD zombies is awesome and i love that, im great at multiplayer too but it gets too frustrating and i get worked up and wanna smash a controller so yea.....I liked Halo multiplayer up to 3( havent played 4 yet) and i loved the first 3, also got frustrating but i still liked it. The ranking in Halo 3 also made a lot of sense by showing you who was actually good (most of the time) by your rank going up or down depending on a loss or win. So i'd say that Halo has a slight advantage over COD just because the storyline is a little better to me. Im 23 and married so im done wit puberty.
Reach is my 2nd favourite (After Halo 4)
 

Nidav3

No Longer a Noob
Nov 18, 2011
9,274
6,486
Maryland, USA
First why ask this question in a halo board? Second Halo will always be better than that rehashed game that could be released as DLC or minor update. Third for the people who say "real warfare" *hillarious*, play the Battlefield series for something that resembles warfare.
 

Jambo22

Noob
Nov 11, 2012
3
2
Halo. Why? simple really...
The story. Very deep, engaging and emotional story that spawned many novels to make a truly unique and engaging universe.
Plus the multiplayer that MLG played the most.
Plus the Award winning soundtrack.
And every thing else (Forge, Custom Games, Theater, Firefight, Spartan Ops, Red Vs Blue, Forward Unto Dawn, Halo Legends, Arby 'n' the Chief, Best Vehicular Controls in any FPS etc):)
 

cuomogm

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 25, 2010
2,710
268
multiplayer wise especially, halo wins. every COD title after MW2 has had the worst net code/lag comp (or whatever online mechanic it is) COD just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth now and this is coming from a guy who has spent WAY more hours on COD. halo, headshots, gun skill, vehicle skill. COD, gain momentum and suppress the enemy team to the point of respawn and die over and over for you. and the damn lag, no I dont suck, its just sad that ill shoot a guy with multiple hit markers in the back only for them to turn and one shot me with a gun that takes multiple bullets to kill.

and this video here proves the mechanics are BROKEN in COD! ive seen this happen offline and online on xbox, the same crap like this video.
 

tonicipriani

No Longer a Noob
Feb 17, 2003
7,720
3
I believe aliens with lizard-like, tortoise-like, or crocodile appearance can be just as fascinating as the animals in the zoo, and as the computer design for alien costumes and metallic armor become more fashion-like in design, I believe Halo 4 is definitely a winner after I had played Halo 3 for several months, especially the alien architecture - even though I haven't got my hands on the Halo 4 game, but after seeing the excellent artwork on Facebook, I just can't wait to get my hands on it. Also the alien vehicles like the scorpion-like or beetle-like vehicles like the Scarab.:*:. At the moment I got Call of Duty: MW3 and I find the journey through the destructive jungle cities to be like a fun park ride experience on my large 50 inch HD plasma TV, as I forget that I am holding a machine gun.:*:.

This guy's awesome posts aren't getting enough attention.
 
Apr 11, 2013
1
0
This incessant bickering is growing tiresome. I am ashamed to play either of these games if it's players are going to act like a bunch of arguing children. I enjoy both the Halo and Call of Duty franchises. Both are enjoyable games and have their strong and weak points.
Halo strengths:
Good community
Good gameplay
Large maps to explore

Halo weaknesses:
Repetitive
Unrealistic(Meh who cares anyway.)

Call of Duty Strengths:
Difficulty
Good Multiplayer
Realism(Again who cares)

CoD Weaknesses:
Immature online community
Smallish maps
 

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
1,145
127
This incessant bickering is growing tiresome. I am ashamed to play either of these games if it's players are going to act like a bunch of arguing children. I enjoy both the Halo and Call of Duty franchises. Both are enjoyable games and have their strong and weak points.
Halo strengths:
Good community
Good gameplay
Large maps to explore

Halo weaknesses:
Repetitive
Unrealistic(Meh who cares anyway.)

Call of Duty Strengths:
Difficulty
Good Multiplayer
Realism(Again who cares)

CoD Weaknesses:
Immature online community
Smallish maps
This thread doesn't really have too much bickering. Most of the conversations have been pretty well thought out. Yes, there are those that are obviously made by people who fall into the category of fanboys...but we pretty much just overlook those posts...
 

kill4money213

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 12, 2013
2,137
1,591
die Staaten
Anyway, Halo takes the cake, or I probably wouldn't be on these boards.

I like Halo because of its fun, and simple gameplay. Halo also made the xbox what it is today, and had some interesting gameplay mechanics which most shooters use today, such as limiting you to two weapons, separate grenade throwing button, vehicular combat within a 1st person shooter, etc. Also, without it, CoD probably wouldn't be as popular today, considering most people play it on the 360, and Halo gave the xbox its popularity.

Anyway, on to some more actual reasons; the story is really good, especially for a 1st person shooter. It takes you to interesting places, and not to just some place that looks the same as another. The music is amazing as well. Marty O'Donnell just makes the best music, and its always on the right time. Halo 4's soundtrack is pretty good too, but no one can compare to Marty's soundtracks. Thats why i felt bad for Neil Davidge, i mean, how do you outdo something already amazing?
Now, thats not to say that Halo is flawless, but i can't think of anything too major, other then maybe a few gripes, like how some weapons suck, and are pretty much the exact same weapon, but for the opposing side. *looks at Storm Rifle*

But i really don't know why people compare CoD and Halo so much. The multiplayers are pretty damn different from one another.
CoD's multiplayer has more of a lone-wolf, Rambo mentality to it, which is why i think people like it so much, is because you get the killstreaks, and feel unstoppable. Its got the customization, perks, killsteaks, etc.
Halo's multiplayer is more team-based, where if people on the other teams are communicating, and your team isn't, your going to get steam-rolled. Halo's is more arena based, where everyone pretty much has the same exact things, and the power weapons are scattered along maps, which is nice, because it creates natural battlefronts where everyone is fighting at, since everyone wants the power weapon.
In the end, its all a matter of opinion.
 
Jun 9, 2013
1
0
hey guys..... Just a quick update... I prodly announce halo as the winner of the summer 2012!!!!!! Anybody out there who is a halo fan or a minecraft fan .... make sure to send me a friend request....it is RoofedClub5!The VOTING IS STILL UP, SO MAKE SURE BRING HALO AS THE WINNER NOT ONLY THE SUMMER BUT ALSO 2012!!!!!!!VOTE AND MAKE HALO THE BEST GAME OF 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COD FANS YO STILL HAVE THE CHANSE TO BRING COD TO !1ST PLACE IT IS ROOFED CLUB5....SIGNING OUT
with or with out the!
 
Jun 25, 2013
2
0
I am 13 and my first video game I played was halo 2 when I was around 5 I was amazing there is no other game like it I have played every halo and call of duty game halo isn't more realistic as much as I hate to say it but that's why gamers play video games is for your imagination and the characters on call of duty are overrated and lame except for captain price he is the master chief of call of duty but master chief by himself could destroy all the call of duty characters by himself all at one time and halo is easily more favored because its only available for xbox it blows call of duty out of the water and no call of duty game will ever be better than halo game and call of duty 2 and call of duty mdw4 and cod bo2 are the best cod games easily but there not as good as halo games sorry to tell you guys that and minecraft is gay af theres only one halo game that sucks and it halo wars HALO FOREVER COD SUCKS ASS
 
Jan 4, 2013
440
47
I'm just gonna say Halo. Only thing that disappoints me is that I can go on in the Army, or Air Force, Navy or whatever, and I can do what happens in CoD. Maybe not in such a stylish fashion, and without the Hunter Killers. But I have to wait 500 years for the Spartans, and I want to fight aliens.

Not being negative, CoD is kind of like a stay-back-and-shoot-from-afar-or-run-in-with-a-knife-and-kill-everyone-just-before-getting-annihilated sort of game. Halo, on the other hand, is like a jump-into-the-battle-with-a-gun-and-destroy-everyone-without-getting-destroyed-because-I'm-a-Spartan-BITCH sort of game.

PS. Finally reached 200 messages.
 
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
1
0
Love it, why?
It is just that all the Minecraft fans I know like COD. What is your gamertag on XBOX
That is completely untrue. I love Minecraft, but I absolutely hate COD in any way shape or form. I mean, the first few ones were OK. But after WaW, the rest of them sucked. Although, I may just hate it because of all the 10 year old squeakers playing who like to swear a lot because they think it makes them sound cooler or more grown up. Oh, and because of all of the people who decide that they need to hack the game and make it unfair for the rest of the players. You hardly ever get squeakers or hackers in Halo games.

Although, I have to admit, that the few squeakers you get in Halo are even worse than the many in COD. I think that it's a matter of a certain amount of annoyingness packed into a larger crowd (COD kids) as opposed to compressed into a smaller group. (Halo)
 

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
1,145
127
It is just that all the Minecraft fans I know like COD. What is your gamertag on XBOX
That is completely untrue. I love Minecraft, but I absolutely hate COD in any way shape or form. I mean, the first few ones were OK. But after WaW, the rest of them sucked. Although, I may just hate it because of all the 10 year old squeakers playing who like to swear a lot because they think it makes them sound cooler or more grown up. Oh, and because of all of the people who decide that they need to hack the game and make it unfair for the rest of the players. You hardly ever get squeakers or hackers in Halo games.

Although, I have to admit, that the few squeakers you get in Halo are even worse than the many in COD. I think that it's a matter of a certain amount of annoyingness packed into a larger crowd (COD kids) as opposed to compressed into a smaller group. (Halo)

All the squeakers in CoD are assholes who think they're much better than you. The ones in Halo just think they actually know what's going on, but don't talk too much trash.
 
Jan 4, 2013
440
47
It is just that all the Minecraft fans I know like COD. What is your gamertag on XBOX
That is completely untrue. I love Minecraft, but I absolutely hate COD in any way shape or form. I mean, the first few ones were OK. But after WaW, the rest of them sucked. Although, I may just hate it because of all the 10 year old squeakers playing who like to swear a lot because they think it makes them sound cooler or more grown up. Oh, and because of all of the people who decide that they need to hack the game and make it unfair for the rest of the players. You hardly ever get squeakers or hackers in Halo games.

Although, I have to admit, that the few squeakers you get in Halo are even worse than the many in COD. I think that it's a matter of a certain amount of annoyingness packed into a larger crowd (COD kids) as opposed to compressed into a smaller group. (Halo)

Where in the CoD universe have you been playing??? There are squeakers in most games, but the ones in Minecraft complain about diamonds, the ones in Halo usually complain about weapons (very few), but then the ones in CoD usually admit to sleeping with your mother.
 
Last edited:

Jambo22

Noob
Nov 11, 2012
3
2
Halo.
Why?
Simple really...
The story. Very deep, engaging and emotional story that spawned many novels to make a truly unique and engaging universe
Plus the multiplayer that MLG played the most
Plus the Award winning soundtrack
And every thing else (Forge, Custom Games, Theater, Firefight, Spartan Ops, Red Vs Blue, Forward Unto Dawn, Halo Legends, Arby 'n' the Chief, Best Vehicular Controls in any FPS etc,)
Balanced and skill based multiplayer
Great gameplay (sandbox battles, vehicles etc.)
 
Jan 4, 2013
440
47
Halo.
Why?
Simple really...
The story. Very deep, engaging and emotional story that spawned many novels to make a truly unique and engaging universe
Plus the multiplayer that MLG played the most
Plus the Award winning soundtrack
And every thing else (Forge, Custom Games, Theater, Firefight, Spartan Ops, Red Vs Blue, Forward Unto Dawn, Halo Legends, Arby 'n' the Chief, Best Vehicular Controls in any FPS etc,)
Balanced and skill based multiplayer
Great gameplay (sandbox battles, vehicles etc.)
You've hit the nail on the head.
 

davidsworld3

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 31, 2011
1,132
98
I hardly see a difference anymore between halo an cod 343 fucked up bad with this game, I know they said so themselves but that doesn't make it ok.

Only thing good about halo anymore since very few play it, and no one even plays as a team anymore are the novels...except the forerunner ones, I cant get into their story I just dont care about them. The stories with Chief are the best ones. A shame they dont really use him in the books anymore.
 

davidsworld3

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 31, 2011
1,132
98
I hardly see a difference anymore between halo an cod 343 fucked up bad with this game, I know they said so themselves but that doesn't make it ok.

Only thing good about halo anymore since very few play it, and no one even plays as a team anymore are the novels...except the forerunner ones, I cant get into their story I just dont care about them. The stories with Chief are the best ones. A shame they dont really use him in the books anymore.
 

campmatt

No Longer a Noob
Aug 19, 2003
2,152
336
Double posting doesn't make your opinion any more valid, it just makes you look stupid. And you keep doing it.
 
Jan 4, 2013
440
47
I hardly see a difference anymore between halo an cod 343 fucked up bad with this game, I know they said so themselves but that doesn't make it ok.

Only thing good about halo anymore since very few play it, and no one even plays as a team anymore are the novels...except the forerunner ones, I cant get into their story I just dont care about them. The stories with Chief are the best ones. A shame they dont really use him in the books anymore.

I think they are talking about the games, not the fricking books.
 

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
1,145
127
I hardly see a difference anymore between halo an cod 343 fucked up bad with this game, I know they said so themselves but that doesn't make it ok.

Only thing good about halo anymore since very few play it, and no one even plays as a team anymore are the novels...except the forerunner ones, I cant get into their story I just dont care about them. The stories with Chief are the best ones. A shame they dont really use him in the books anymore.

Jesus Christ man, is it really necessary to double post on 3 different threads about how much you hate Halo 4? Put it in one, (namely the Halo 4: The worst multiplayer...), and let us get on with our lives.
Also, I apologize that Halo isn't entirely about Master Chief. The Halo universe is what I enjoy the most about Halo. Sure, Master Chief kicks ass. But so do hundreds of other spartans, and UNSC personnel all over the universe. Though I haven't read all of the Forerunner series, I have enjoyed the ones that I have read immensely, as I've always wanted to know the backstory of Halo, as that's what got me into the game (the story, not the mp, as I didn't have XBL for quite a few years).
Double posting doesn't make your opinion any more valid, it just makes you look stupid. And you keep doing it.

Looking more stupid each time...
 
Aug 15, 2015
10
0
"
i never played halo 4, so i might as well agree


Unless you work for Microsoft, I don't think you would have.

I think real warfare is much more interesting. I used to be pro at Halo, until puberty hit me like a train.
And knocked the sense out of you.
If I want real warfare, I'll join the Army (Air Force actually). I play video games as an escape from reality. While playing them, I want to be able to do things that I can't really do in real life (or wouldn't have the opportunity of doing in real life).

On a side note...where the heck are all of the 25-post members coming from? They're making me feel ancient...
This. The reason people play video games is because they are not realistic, not because they are realistic.